Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Balsamic Drizzle
From EatingWell: December 2005/January 2006
A delicious tangy-sweet balsamic-and-honey reduction looks dramatic over roasted sweet potato wedges.
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, (about 3 medium), peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Cut sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick wedges. Place on the prepared baking sheet, drizzle with oil and toss well. Spread out in a single layer. Bake until tender when pierced with a knife, 25 to 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until syrupy and reduced to 1/3 cup, 12 to 15 minutes. (Watch the syrup carefully during the last few minutes of reducing to prevent burning.) Swirl in butter. Drizzle the sauce over the sweet potatoes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The balsamic drizzle (Step 2) will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop, adding a little water if the syrup has thickened too much, before drizzling over the roasted sweet potatoes.
Per serving: 212 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 41 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 3 g fiber; 197 mg sodium; 359 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (420% daily value), Vitamin C (30% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- December 2005/January 2006