Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Balsamic Drizzle
From EatingWell: December 2005/January 2006
A delicious tangy-sweet balsamic-and-honey reduction looks dramatic over roasted sweet potato wedges.
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, (about 3 medium), peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Cut sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick wedges. Place on the prepared baking sheet, drizzle with oil and toss well. Spread out in a single layer. Bake until tender when pierced with a knife, 25 to 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until syrupy and reduced to 1/3 cup, 12 to 15 minutes. (Watch the syrup carefully during the last few minutes of reducing to prevent burning.) Swirl in butter. Drizzle the sauce over the sweet potatoes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The balsamic drizzle (Step 2) will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop, adding a little water if the syrup has thickened too much, before drizzling over the roasted sweet potatoes.
Per serving: 212 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 41 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 3 g fiber; 197 mg sodium; 359 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (420% daily value), Vitamin C (30% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- December 2005/January 2006
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)