Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: July/August 2013
This roasted red pepper vinaigrette recipe has a Spanish zing with the addition of sherry vinegar and smoked paprika. Purchased jarred roasted red peppers make this salad dressing recipe quick, or you can make it extra-special by roasting your own red peppers.
- 1 cup jarred roasted red peppers, rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (see Tip)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place roasted peppers, oil, vinegar, garlic, smoked paprika, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Or blend in a large glass measuring cup or wide jar with an immersion blender.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Tip: Smoked paprika is made from smoke-dried red peppers and adds earthy, smoky flavor to food. Look for different types of paprika: sweet, bittersweet and hot, at well-stocked supermarkets, gourmet markets or online at tienda.com.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 96 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 242 mg sodium; 11 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- July/August 2013