Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette
From EatingWell: July/August 2013
This roasted red pepper vinaigrette recipe has a Spanish zing with the addition of sherry vinegar and smoked paprika. Purchased jarred roasted red peppers make this salad dressing recipe quick, or you can make it extra-special by roasting your own red peppers.
- 1 cup jarred roasted red peppers, rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (see Tip)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place roasted peppers, oil, vinegar, garlic, smoked paprika, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Or blend in a large glass measuring cup or wide jar with an immersion blender.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Tip: Smoked paprika is made from smoke-dried red peppers and adds earthy, smoky flavor to food. Look for different types of paprika: sweet, bittersweet and hot, at well-stocked supermarkets, gourmet markets or online at tienda.com.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 96 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 242 mg sodium; 11 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- July/August 2013