Roasted Red Pepper Subs
When the occasion calls for a sophisticated sandwich, simply layer roasted red peppers, goat cheese and peppery arugula on a crusty baguette.
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 16- to 20-inch baguette, preferably whole-wheat
- 3 tablespoon olive paste, (olivada)
- 4 ounces creamy goat cheese
- 1 1/2 cups arugula leaves
- Combine peppers, garlic, vinegar and oil in a small bowl; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice baguette in half lengthwise. Spread one half with olive paste and the other half with goat cheese. Layer pepper mixture and arugula over olive paste. Top with remaining baguette. Cut across into 4 pieces.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator or in a cooler with a cold pack for up to 8 hours.
Per serving: 221 calories; 15 g fat (5 g sat, 3 g mono); 13 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 1 g fiber; 262 mg sodium; 59 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (50% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 high-fat meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique