Roasted Red Pepper Subs
When the occasion calls for a sophisticated sandwich, simply layer roasted red peppers, goat cheese and peppery arugula on a crusty baguette.
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 16- to 20-inch baguette, preferably whole-wheat
- 3 tablespoon olive paste, (olivada)
- 4 ounces creamy goat cheese
- 1 1/2 cups arugula leaves
- Combine peppers, garlic, vinegar and oil in a small bowl; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice baguette in half lengthwise. Spread one half with olive paste and the other half with goat cheese. Layer pepper mixture and arugula over olive paste. Top with remaining baguette. Cut across into 4 pieces.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator or in a cooler with a cold pack for up to 8 hours.
Per serving: 221 calories; 15 g fat (5 g sat, 3 g mono); 13 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 1 g fiber; 262 mg sodium; 59 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (50% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 high-fat meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique