Roasted Red Pepper Subs
When the occasion calls for a sophisticated sandwich, simply layer roasted red peppers, goat cheese and peppery arugula on a crusty baguette.
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 16- to 20-inch baguette, preferably whole-wheat
- 3 tablespoon olive paste, (olivada)
- 4 ounces creamy goat cheese
- 1 1/2 cups arugula leaves
- Combine peppers, garlic, vinegar and oil in a small bowl; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice baguette in half lengthwise. Spread one half with olive paste and the other half with goat cheese. Layer pepper mixture and arugula over olive paste. Top with remaining baguette. Cut across into 4 pieces.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator or in a cooler with a cold pack for up to 8 hours.
Per serving: 221 calories; 15 g fat (5 g sat, 3 g mono); 13 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 1 g fiber; 262 mg sodium; 59 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (50% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 high-fat meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique