Roasted Red Pepper Rouille
From EatingWell: May/June 1997
Rouille is a red chile pepper mayonnaise, traditionally served as an accompaniment to fish stews. Try this roasted pepper version on grilled or steamed fish or as a dip for raw fennel.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pinch of saffron threads
- 1 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine garlic, water and saffron in a small saucepan. Cover and cook over very low heat just until steaming, about 2 minutes. (Alternatively, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine garlic, water and saffron. Cover with plastic wrap, prick with a knife to vent and microwave on medium for 1 minute.) Remove from heat and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Combine garlic mixture, roasted red peppers, mayonnaise, salt and cayenne in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Per tablespoon: 29 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 228 mg sodium; 2 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1997