Roasted Red Pepper Rouille
From EatingWell: May/June 1997
Rouille is a red chile pepper mayonnaise, traditionally served as an accompaniment to fish stews. Try this roasted pepper version on grilled or steamed fish or as a dip for raw fennel.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pinch of saffron threads
- 1 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine garlic, water and saffron in a small saucepan. Cover and cook over very low heat just until steaming, about 2 minutes. (Alternatively, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine garlic, water and saffron. Cover with plastic wrap, prick with a knife to vent and microwave on medium for 1 minute.) Remove from heat and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Combine garlic mixture, roasted red peppers, mayonnaise, salt and cayenne in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Per tablespoon: 29 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 228 mg sodium; 2 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- May/June 1997