Roasted Red Pepper Dip
From EatingWell: November/December 1994
The combination of ginger, garlic and jalapenos brings out the sweetness of roasted red peppers; serve with low-fat sesame crackers and crudites.
- 1 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 1-inch-long piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice-wine vinegar, or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey, or sugar
- 3-5 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs, (1 slice bread)
- Combine roasted red peppers, garlic, ginger, jalapeno, scallion, soy sauce, vinegar and honey or sugar in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. With the motor running, add breadcrumbs, a little at a time, until the dip is thick and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Per tablespoon: 18 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 128 mg sodium; 11 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1994