Roasted Red Pepper Dip
From EatingWell: November/December 1994
The combination of ginger, garlic and jalapenos brings out the sweetness of roasted red peppers; serve with low-fat sesame crackers and crudites.
- 1 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 1-inch-long piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice-wine vinegar, or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey, or sugar
- 3-5 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs, (1 slice bread)
- Combine roasted red peppers, garlic, ginger, jalapeno, scallion, soy sauce, vinegar and honey or sugar in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. With the motor running, add breadcrumbs, a little at a time, until the dip is thick and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Per tablespoon: 18 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 128 mg sodium; 11 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1994