Roasted Red Pepper Dip
From EatingWell: November/December 1994
The combination of ginger, garlic and jalapenos brings out the sweetness of roasted red peppers; serve with low-fat sesame crackers and crudites.
- 1 7-ounce jar roasted red peppers, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 1-inch-long piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice-wine vinegar, or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey, or sugar
- 3-5 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs, (1 slice bread)
- Combine roasted red peppers, garlic, ginger, jalapeno, scallion, soy sauce, vinegar and honey or sugar in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. With the motor running, add breadcrumbs, a little at a time, until the dip is thick and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Per tablespoon: 18 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 128 mg sodium; 11 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1994