Roasted Radishes & Leeks with Thyme
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
Radishes become sweet and tender when roasted in a hot oven in this easy radish recipe. If the roasting doesn’t mellow the bite of the radish enough, stir in a sprinkle of sugar or honey along with the butter and thyme.
- 2 bunches radishes (about 1 pound), halved if small, quartered if large
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large leek, white and light green part only, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine radishes, oil, salt and pepper in a large roasting pan.
- Roast for 10 minutes. Stir in leek. Continue roasting until the radishes are lightly browned and tender, 10 to 15 minutes more. Stir in butter and thyme; serve warm.
Per serving: 89 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g total sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 340 mg sodium; 308 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (33% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2014