Roasted Radishes & Leeks with Thyme
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
Radishes become sweet and tender when roasted in a hot oven in this easy radish recipe. If the roasting doesn’t mellow the bite of the radish enough, stir in a sprinkle of sugar or honey along with the butter and thyme.
- 2 bunches radishes (about 1 pound), halved if small, quartered if large
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large leek, white and light green part only, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine radishes, oil, salt and pepper in a large roasting pan.
- Roast for 10 minutes. Stir in leek. Continue roasting until the radishes are lightly browned and tender, 10 to 15 minutes more. Stir in butter and thyme; serve warm.
Per serving: 89 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g total sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 340 mg sodium; 308 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (33% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- March/April 2014
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)