Roasted Radishes & Leeks with Thyme
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
Radishes become sweet and tender when roasted in a hot oven in this easy radish recipe. If the roasting doesn’t mellow the bite of the radish enough, stir in a sprinkle of sugar or honey along with the butter and thyme.
- 2 bunches radishes (about 1 pound), halved if small, quartered if large
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large leek, white and light green part only, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine radishes, oil, salt and pepper in a large roasting pan.
- Roast for 10 minutes. Stir in leek. Continue roasting until the radishes are lightly browned and tender, 10 to 15 minutes more. Stir in butter and thyme; serve warm.
Per serving: 89 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g total sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 340 mg sodium; 308 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (33% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- March/April 2014