Roasted Radishes & Leeks with Thyme
From EatingWell: March/April 2014
Radishes become sweet and tender when roasted in a hot oven in this easy radish recipe. If the roasting doesn’t mellow the bite of the radish enough, stir in a sprinkle of sugar or honey along with the butter and thyme.
- 2 bunches radishes (about 1 pound), halved if small, quartered if large
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large leek, white and light green part only, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine radishes, oil, salt and pepper in a large roasting pan.
- Roast for 10 minutes. Stir in leek. Continue roasting until the radishes are lightly browned and tender, 10 to 15 minutes more. Stir in butter and thyme; serve warm.
Per serving: 89 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g total sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 340 mg sodium; 308 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (33% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2014