Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Be sure to save the pumpkin seeds from your Halloween jack-o’-lantern so you can make this crunchy, healthy snack.
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds (see Tip)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place rack in center of oven; preheat to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Place pumpkin seeds in a small bowl, drizzle with oil and stir to coat. Add salt, stir to combine and coat. Spread on the prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake the seeds, stirring once or twice, until toasted and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store airtight for up to 3 days.
- Tip: To harvest seeds from a pumpkin, scoop out the inside of the pumpkin. Separate the seeds from the flesh as well as you can, then place the seeds in a bowl of water. Use your hands to swish the seeds around to loosen any remaining flesh or strings. The seeds will float, so you can remove them with a spoon or your fingers. Drain the seeds on a dry dish towel or a plate lined with paper towels; pat dry with paper towels.
Per serving: 54 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 50 mg sodium; 98 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Health & Diet Considerations
- Low carbohydrate
- November/December 2011