Roasted Portobello Caps
From EatingWell: January/February 2007
Think of a jumbo stuffed mushroom without all the high-fat ingredients but with all the flavor. Serve these alongside grilled chicken breasts or a juicy steak.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Place mushroom caps, gill-side up, on the prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley, oil, the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl. Remove the mushrooms from the oven and top each cap with about 2 tablespoons of the breadcrumb mixture, spreading evenly. Return to the oven and roast until the breadcrumbs are browned, about 5 minutes.
Per serving: 109 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 3 g fiber; 245 mg sodium; 612 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (31% daily value), Potassium (17% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Father's Day
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- January/February 2007