Roasted Portobello Caps
From EatingWell: January/February 2007
Think of a jumbo stuffed mushroom without all the high-fat ingredients but with all the flavor. Serve these alongside grilled chicken breasts or a juicy steak.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Place mushroom caps, gill-side up, on the prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley, oil, the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl. Remove the mushrooms from the oven and top each cap with about 2 tablespoons of the breadcrumb mixture, spreading evenly. Return to the oven and roast until the breadcrumbs are browned, about 5 minutes.
Per serving: 109 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 3 g fiber; 245 mg sodium; 612 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (31% daily value), Potassium (17% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Father's Day
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- January/February 2007
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)