Roasted Pork Tenderloin
From EatingWell: April/May 2005
This basic roasted pork tenderloin recipe is easy enough for every day and pairs well with your favorite fruit chutney.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with pepper and salt. Add to the pan and brown on all sides, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven; bake until the pork has just a hint of pink in the center and an instant-read thermometer registers 155°F, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer the pork to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. (The internal temperature will increase to 160° during resting.) To serve, cut the pork into thin slices.
Per serving: 145 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 74 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 0 g fiber; 133 mg sodium; 454 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (47% daily value), Zinc (15% dv).
Exchanges: 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- April/May 2005