Roasted Pork Tenderloin
From EatingWell: April/May 2005
This basic roasted pork tenderloin recipe is easy enough for every day and pairs well with your favorite fruit chutney.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with pepper and salt. Add to the pan and brown on all sides, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven; bake until the pork has just a hint of pink in the center and an instant-read thermometer registers 155°F, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer the pork to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. (The internal temperature will increase to 160° during resting.) To serve, cut the pork into thin slices.
Per serving: 145 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 74 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 0 g fiber; 133 mg sodium; 454 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (47% daily value), Zinc (15% dv).
Exchanges: 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- April/May 2005