Roasting gives the plums a caramelized flavor and lemon, sugar and brandy enhance the inherently sweet and sour aspect of the fruit.
- 1 1/2 pounds plums, halved and pitted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place plum halves skin-side down in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice; bake until the juices are thickened and the plums are tender, shaking pan occasionally to distribute juices, 30 to 40 minutes. Stir in brandy and lemon zest.
Per serving: 164 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 41 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 0 mg sodium; 292 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (20% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)