Caramelize brown sugar on slices of fresh pineapple under your broiler for a quick and easy dessert.
- 1 whole pineapple, (2 1/2-3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat broiler. Trim leaves and bud end from pineapple. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices with a sharp, serrated knife. Set slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with brown sugar. (Cover the pineapple slices only; any sugar on the sheet may burn.)
- Broil, rearranging slices as needed for even cooking, for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn the slices over and continue broiling on the other side until the pineapple is tender and golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes.
Per serving: 108 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 28 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 3 g fiber; 4 mg sodium; 233 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (113% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)