Roasted Pears with Brie & Pistachios
From EatingWell: November/December 2011
Roasted pears with Brie and pistachios is delicious as a first course or a side with roast pork or lamb. Leave the stems on for the prettiest presentation.
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 ripe pears, preferably Bosc
- 2 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 4 teaspoons chopped pistachios, toasted (see Tip)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat an 8-inch-square (or similar-size) metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk mustard, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise, hollow out the core and slice a small piece off the other side so they will lie flat when served. Brush all over with the mustard glaze and place cored-side down in the prepared pan.
- Bake the pears for 30 minutes, basting halfway through with the glaze. Gently turn them over, baste again and place a piece of Brie in the hollow of each pear. Bake until the pears are tender and the Brie is slightly softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle each pear half with 1 teaspoon pistachios.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast seeds and chopped, small or sliced nuts (pages 30, 40, 63), cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 160 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 4 g mono); 14 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 299 mg sodium; 164 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- November/December 2011