I made this today for lunch. Both my husband and I were a bit disappointed. He felt it needed more salt and so did I. I added some before putting it away and it helped but it is still missing something. Maybe adding some parsnips to the roasting session? I don't know. It just seemed to be lacking a bit for us. I'll try it again and see what I come up with.
Roasted Pear-Butternut Soup with Crumbled Stilton
From EatingWell: October/November 2006
Here pears are roasted to sweet perfection with butternut squash and pureed to create a creamy soup that gets a luxurious garnish of Stilton cheese. You can serve this as a first course or with a salad and crusty bread for a light autumn supper.
55 Reviews for Roasted Pear-Butternut Soup with Crumbled Stilton
I just made this for dinner after having had a craving for butternut squash soup. I was tired of the stuff out of cans and pouches, and decided to give making it from scratch myself a whirl. And it was so worth it. This was just delicious, so good that I couldn't stop myself from licking the bowl just a little as I was putting my dish in the dish washer.
I highly recommend this.
I made this soup for a dinner party and it was a huge hit - so easy too!
Wonderful soup. Definately company-worthy. Stilton cheese was delicious on top! Thanks for this healthful and delicious recipe!
I have made this soup several times and it is always a hit;it's actually my husbands favorite. The kitchen smells lovely as the vegetables roast.
Cynthia Risby, Norwich, UK
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)