This is one of the best soups I have ever made. I cut down on the prep time by buying pre-cut butternut squash from the grocery store. The rest of the soup comes together easily and the house smells so great when the veggies are roasting. I have made this soup at least 3 times and it gets rave reviews whenever I serve it. As my husband would say "its a keeper".
Roasted Pear-Butternut Soup with Crumbled Stilton
From EatingWell: October/November 2006
Here pears are roasted to sweet perfection with butternut squash and pureed to create a creamy soup that gets a luxurious garnish of Stilton cheese. You can serve this as a first course or with a salad and crusty bread for a light autumn supper.
55 Reviews for Roasted Pear-Butternut Soup with Crumbled Stilton
I *love* this soup! I've made it for dinner parties and it's been a big hit every time!
My husband and I LOVED it. We are only a cleanse and can only have veggies and fruit- omitted the cheese and never missed it!
Very tasty. I made it with a hubbard squash. The quality of the squash could make a big difference. Will make it again.
Excellent. I highly recommend this soup. It is easy to make, rich and delicious, but low in fat. Our whole family loves this recipe.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)