Roasted Peach Sundaes
From EatingWell: August/September 2006
This easy dessert satisfies a sweet tooth while adding another serving of fruit, contributing vitamins and antioxidants.
- 3 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 6 gingersnaps, crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss peach halves with brown sugar and lemon juice, and place them cut-side-up on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until the peaches are tender, 20 to 30 minutes. If the juice on the pan begins to burn, add a little water and loosely cover the fruit with foil.
- Top each peach half with a 1/2-cup scoop of frozen yogurt and a sprinkle of crumbled gingersnaps (if using). Serve immediately.
Per serving: 138 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 1 g fiber; 64 mg sodium; 346 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (15% daily value), Vitamin C (10% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 1/2 other carbohydrates
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- August/September 2006