Roasted Peach Sundaes
From EatingWell: August/September 2006
This easy dessert satisfies a sweet tooth while adding another serving of fruit, contributing vitamins and antioxidants.
- 3 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 6 gingersnaps, crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss peach halves with brown sugar and lemon juice, and place them cut-side-up on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until the peaches are tender, 20 to 30 minutes. If the juice on the pan begins to burn, add a little water and loosely cover the fruit with foil.
- Top each peach half with a 1/2-cup scoop of frozen yogurt and a sprinkle of crumbled gingersnaps (if using). Serve immediately.
Per serving: 138 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 1 g fiber; 64 mg sodium; 346 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (15% daily value), Vitamin C (10% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 1/2 other carbohydrates
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- August/September 2006