Roasted Garlic Mayonnaise
From EatingWell: August/September 2005
Try this garlicky cayenne-spiced mayonnaise instead of traditional store-bought versions. It makes a delicious dip for steamed vegetables or a sandwich spread.
- 1 head garlic
- 5 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup silken tofu (4 1/2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the head of garlic on a piece of foil, drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil and wrap into a package. Roast directly on the oven rack until the cloves are soft, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic into a blender or food processor. Add the remaining 4 1/2 teaspoons oil, tofu, lemon juice, paprika, salt and cayenne. Puree until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice, if necessary. Transfer to a small bowl.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 56 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 99 mg sodium; 72 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- August/September 2005
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)