Roasted Garlic Mayonnaise
From EatingWell: August/September 2005
Try this garlicky cayenne-spiced mayonnaise instead of traditional store-bought versions. It makes a delicious dip for steamed vegetables or a sandwich spread.
- 1 head garlic
- 5 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup silken tofu (4 1/2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the head of garlic on a piece of foil, drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil and wrap into a package. Roast directly on the oven rack until the cloves are soft, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic into a blender or food processor. Add the remaining 4 1/2 teaspoons oil, tofu, lemon juice, paprika, salt and cayenne. Puree until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice, if necessary. Transfer to a small bowl.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 56 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 99 mg sodium; 72 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- August/September 2005