Roasted Garlic Mayonnaise
From EatingWell: August/September 2005
Try this garlicky cayenne-spiced mayonnaise instead of traditional store-bought versions. It makes a delicious dip for steamed vegetables or a sandwich spread.
- 1 head garlic
- 5 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup silken tofu (4 1/2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the head of garlic on a piece of foil, drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil and wrap into a package. Roast directly on the oven rack until the cloves are soft, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic into a blender or food processor. Add the remaining 4 1/2 teaspoons oil, tofu, lemon juice, paprika, salt and cayenne. Puree until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice, if necessary. Transfer to a small bowl.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 56 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 99 mg sodium; 72 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- August/September 2005