This is a very flexible dish. I add shredded apple and sauteed onions and use cheddar for the cheese. You could change the herbs too. I thoroughly dry the bread cubes in the oven and have never had it turn out soggy. My family really enjoys it.
Roasted Garlic & Leek Bread Casserole
From EatingWell: September/October 2013
This stuffing-like vegetable-and-bread casserole recipe is inspired by the vegetable tians of Provence. The soaked stale bread binds leeks, nutty raclette cheese, abundant roasted garlic and thyme. Serve with roast chicken and a green salad to make a swoon-worthy meal.
2 Reviews for Roasted Garlic & Leek Bread Casserole
I was so disappointed as this recipe sounded terrific but was in edible. The directions for soaking the bread made the bread completely soggy. Submerging it into hot water and the. Trying to wrong out the water just left mush. I tried to bake it anyway and left it in for even longer but it never got dry and was a super soggy mess. Wasted expensive leeks, cheese and the other ingredients.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)