Roasted Garlic Dressing
From EatingWell: March/April 2008
Rich roasted garlic makes an incomparably flavored dressing. Try this on any salad with bold-flavored greens or ingredients.
- 1 large head or 2 small heads garlic
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rub off the excess papery skin from garlic without separating the cloves. Slice the tips off the head (or heads), exposing the ends of the cloves. Place the garlic on a piece of foil, drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and wrap into a package. Put in a baking dish and bake until the garlic is very soft, 40 minutes to 1 hour. Unwrap and let cool slightly.
- Squeeze the garlic pulp into a blender or food processor (discard the skins). Add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil, vinegar, lime juice, salt and pepper and blend or process until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 154 calories; 14 g fat (2 g sat, 11 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 77 mg sodium; 71 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2008