Roasted Garlic Dressing
From EatingWell: March/April 2008
Rich roasted garlic makes an incomparably flavored dressing. Try this on any salad with bold-flavored greens or ingredients.
- 1 large head or 2 small heads garlic
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rub off the excess papery skin from garlic without separating the cloves. Slice the tips off the head (or heads), exposing the ends of the cloves. Place the garlic on a piece of foil, drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and wrap into a package. Put in a baking dish and bake until the garlic is very soft, 40 minutes to 1 hour. Unwrap and let cool slightly.
- Squeeze the garlic pulp into a blender or food processor (discard the skins). Add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil, vinegar, lime juice, salt and pepper and blend or process until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 154 calories; 14 g fat (2 g sat, 11 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 77 mg sodium; 71 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2008