Roasted Garlic Dressing
From EatingWell: March/April 2008
Rich roasted garlic makes an incomparably flavored dressing. Try this on any salad with bold-flavored greens or ingredients.
- 1 large head or 2 small heads garlic
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rub off the excess papery skin from garlic without separating the cloves. Slice the tips off the head (or heads), exposing the ends of the cloves. Place the garlic on a piece of foil, drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and wrap into a package. Put in a baking dish and bake until the garlic is very soft, 40 minutes to 1 hour. Unwrap and let cool slightly.
- Squeeze the garlic pulp into a blender or food processor (discard the skins). Add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil, vinegar, lime juice, salt and pepper and blend or process until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 154 calories; 14 g fat (2 g sat, 11 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 77 mg sodium; 71 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- March/April 2008