Roasted Garlic Dressing
Made with mellow roasted garlic and chicken broth, this creamy dressing contains very little oil and no egg yolks or mayonnaise. It is perfect with a simple salad of romaine lettuce and red onion rings or with a main-dish salad.
- 2 heads garlic
- 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup wine or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pull off excess papery outside skin from garlic without separating the cloves. Slice 1/2 inch off the top of each head. Wrap individually in aluminum foil. Roast for 40 minutes, or until the garlic is very soft. Unwrap the garlic and cool slightly. Separate the cloves and peel.
- Combine garlic cloves, broth, vinegar, oil and mustard in a food processor or blender; blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 59 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 28 mg sodium; 72 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Preparation/ Technique
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)