Roasted Garlic Dressing
Made with mellow roasted garlic and chicken broth, this creamy dressing contains very little oil and no egg yolks or mayonnaise. It is perfect with a simple salad of romaine lettuce and red onion rings or with a main-dish salad.
- 2 heads garlic
- 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup wine or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pull off excess papery outside skin from garlic without separating the cloves. Slice 1/2 inch off the top of each head. Wrap individually in aluminum foil. Roast for 40 minutes, or until the garlic is very soft. Unwrap the garlic and cool slightly. Separate the cloves and peel.
- Combine garlic cloves, broth, vinegar, oil and mustard in a food processor or blender; blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 59 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 28 mg sodium; 72 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation