From EatingWell: July/August 1995
With its mellow, almost buttery flavor and texture, roasted garlic is a surefire way to perk up low-fat dishes.
- 1 head garlic, unpeeled
- 2 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rub off excess papery skin from the garlic head without separating the cloves. Slice about 1/2 inch off the top of the garlic head. Place the garlic on a square of aluminum foil or in a ceramic garlic roaster, if you have one. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons water and pinch the edges of the foil together to make a package.
- Roast until the cloves are very soft, 40 to 45 minutes. Unwrap and let cool slightly. Squeeze the cloves out of the skins.
Per serving: 11 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 30 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Other (non-main dish)
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 1995
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)