Roasted Fish Catalán
Strong Mediterranean flavors, like garlic, oregano and olives, work well with mild-flavored fish.
- 1 pound thick-cut, firm-fleshed fish fillets (Pacific halibut or mahi-mahi)
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons dry white or red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 14-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 8 black olives, preferably Kalamata, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut fish into 4 serving pieces and season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer in a 10-inch pie plate or baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add wine and garlic and simmer for 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes, olives, oregano and orange zest. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture over the fish.
- Bake until the fish is opaque in the center, about 15 minutes.
Per serving: 206 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 36 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 25 g protein; 2 g fiber; 360 mg sodium; 714 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Magnesium (27% daily value), Potassium (20% dv), Vitamin C (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood