Roasted Fish Catalán
Strong Mediterranean flavors, like garlic, oregano and olives, work well with mild-flavored fish.
- 1 pound thick-cut, firm-fleshed fish fillets (Pacific halibut or mahi-mahi)
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons dry white or red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 14-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 8 black olives, preferably Kalamata, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut fish into 4 serving pieces and season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer in a 10-inch pie plate or baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add wine and garlic and simmer for 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes, olives, oregano and orange zest. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture over the fish.
- Bake until the fish is opaque in the center, about 15 minutes.
Per serving: 206 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 36 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 25 g protein; 2 g fiber; 360 mg sodium; 714 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Magnesium (27% daily value), Potassium (20% dv), Vitamin C (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient