Roasted Fish Catalán
Strong Mediterranean flavors, like garlic, oregano and olives, work well with mild-flavored fish.
- 1 pound thick-cut, firm-fleshed fish fillets (Pacific halibut or mahi-mahi)
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons dry white or red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 14-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 8 black olives, preferably Kalamata, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut fish into 4 serving pieces and season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer in a 10-inch pie plate or baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add wine and garlic and simmer for 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes, olives, oregano and orange zest. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture over the fish.
- Bake until the fish is opaque in the center, about 15 minutes.
Per serving: 206 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 36 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 25 g protein; 2 g fiber; 360 mg sodium; 714 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Magnesium (27% daily value), Potassium (20% dv), Vitamin C (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Making a satisfying, low-calorie dinner is easy with our one-...
It’s easy to make a healthy dinner recipe without dirtying...
Grab a box of your favorite whole-wheat linguine or penne...
Good news for people who eat breakfast—they tend to weigh...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
Cutlets—typically a thin slice of meat cut from the rib...
Whether you’re watching your finances or just trying to put a...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
There is no room for a roast that's anything less than...
Chocolate is such a rich and indulgent treat it almost seems...
Creamy blue cheese isn’t just for salads and dressing anymore...
Chopped, layered, pulsed or stirred, these easy dips are...
Ginger pairs well with soy sauce, chile peppers and garlic,...
Our healthy pumpkin dessert recipes are lighter twists on the...
A popular meat around the globe, lamb is raised and consumed...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood