Roasted Fish Catalán
Strong Mediterranean flavors, like garlic, oregano and olives, work well with mild-flavored fish.
- 1 pound thick-cut, firm-fleshed fish fillets (Pacific halibut or mahi-mahi)
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons dry white or red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 14-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 8 black olives, preferably Kalamata, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut fish into 4 serving pieces and season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer in a 10-inch pie plate or baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add wine and garlic and simmer for 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes, olives, oregano and orange zest. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture over the fish.
- Bake until the fish is opaque in the center, about 15 minutes.
Per serving: 206 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 36 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 25 g protein; 2 g fiber; 360 mg sodium; 714 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Magnesium (27% daily value), Potassium (20% dv), Vitamin C (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood