Roasted Fish Catalán
Strong Mediterranean flavors, like garlic, oregano and olives, work well with mild-flavored fish.
- 1 pound thick-cut, firm-fleshed fish fillets (Pacific halibut or mahi-mahi)
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons dry white or red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 14-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 8 black olives, preferably Kalamata, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut fish into 4 serving pieces and season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer in a 10-inch pie plate or baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add wine and garlic and simmer for 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes, olives, oregano and orange zest. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture over the fish.
- Bake until the fish is opaque in the center, about 15 minutes.
Per serving: 206 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 36 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 25 g protein; 2 g fiber; 360 mg sodium; 714 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Magnesium (27% daily value), Potassium (20% dv), Vitamin C (17% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 3 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient