This was so easy and delicious. I added some chickpeas to make it a main dish and served with a garden salad. I can't wait to eat the leftovers for lunch tomorrow!
Roasted Fennel & Farro Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 2010
This whole-grain salad stars farro, an ancient form of wheat common in Italy, along with roasted fennel and bell peppers. Enjoy leftovers for lunch the next day.
5 Reviews for Roasted Fennel & Farro Salad
Substituted 1 1/2 tbs reg balsamic vinegar for white, I liked it. Also, used 1/2 fennel, 1/2 sweet onion. Will make it again!
easy and delicious. I used farro, so the timing worked out perfectly. Will make again.
I would give it a four but a family member insists on a 5 star. I used wheat berries and they are wonderfully chewy in this salad. I expected a little more zip flavor-wise with the peppers, but the family member said it was perfect as is.
I could find no fennel in town, so subbed a vidalia onion. It was delicious and very easy.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)