Roasted Corn with Basil-Shallot Vinaigrette
A simple combination - roasted corn with a basil vinaigrette - has a fresh flavor that is pure summer.
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss corn and oil to coat and spread out on a large baking sheet. Bake, stirring once, until some kernels begin to brown, about 20 minutes. Combine basil, shallot, vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the corn; toss to coat. Serve warm or cold.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 165 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 6 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 163 mg sodium; 332 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique