Roasted Corn with Basil-Shallot Vinaigrette
A simple combination - roasted corn with a basil vinaigrette - has a fresh flavor that is pure summer.
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss corn and oil to coat and spread out on a large baking sheet. Bake, stirring once, until some kernels begin to brown, about 20 minutes. Combine basil, shallot, vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the corn; toss to coat. Serve warm or cold.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 165 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 6 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 163 mg sodium; 332 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation