Roasted Corn Salsa
From EatingWell: July/August 1996
Serve this salsa as a dip for chips or as a relish to accompany grilled pork tenderloin or chicken.
- 2 small ears fresh corn, shucked
- 3/4 cup prepared tomato salsa
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat a large heavy skillet, preferably cast-iron, over medium-high heat. Roast corn (still on the cob), turning frequently, until the kernels are darkened on all sides, about 8 minutes.
- When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off the cobs and transfer to a small bowl. Stir in salsa, lime juice, cilantro and cumin.
Per serving: 36 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 117 mg sodium; 59 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Cinco de Mayo
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- July/August 1996