Roasted Corn Salsa
From EatingWell: July/August 1996
Serve this salsa as a dip for chips or as a relish to accompany grilled pork tenderloin or chicken.
- 2 small ears fresh corn, shucked
- 3/4 cup prepared tomato salsa
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat a large heavy skillet, preferably cast-iron, over medium-high heat. Roast corn (still on the cob), turning frequently, until the kernels are darkened on all sides, about 8 minutes.
- When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off the cobs and transfer to a small bowl. Stir in salsa, lime juice, cilantro and cumin.
Per serving: 36 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 117 mg sodium; 59 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Cinco de Mayo
- July/August 1996