Roasted Corn Salsa
Roasting corn brings out its inherent sweetness—it's almost like eating candy. Serve alongside grilled steak or chicken.
- 4 cups corn kernels, (from 6-8 ears or frozen)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 4-ounce can chopped mild green chiles
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat a dry cast-iron skillet over medium heat until hot. Add corn and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until well browned, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and mix in remaining ingredients. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Per serving: 155 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 34 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 6 g fiber; 396 mg sodium; 511 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Preparation/ Technique