Roasted Corn Salsa
Roasting corn brings out its inherent sweetness—it's almost like eating candy. Serve alongside grilled steak or chicken.
- 4 cups corn kernels, (from 6-8 ears or frozen)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 4-ounce can chopped mild green chiles
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat a dry cast-iron skillet over medium heat until hot. Add corn and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until well browned, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and mix in remaining ingredients. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Per serving: 155 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 34 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 6 g fiber; 396 mg sodium; 511 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Preparation/ Technique