Roasted Chicken Tenders with Peppers & Onions
Call this one an update of that favorite combo, sausage and peppers. Our healthy version can be served over rice or on a roll with a little shredded cheese for a new take on a Philly cheese steak sandwich.
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 red, yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Whisk lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, jalapenos, oil and salt in a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish. Add tenders, bell pepper and onion; toss to coat. Spread the mixture out evenly; cover with foil. Bake until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 25 to 30 minutes.
Per serving: 172 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 49 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 19 g protein; 1 g fiber; 518 mg sodium; 122 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (100% daily value), Selenium (28% dv), Vitamin A (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 vegetable, 3 very lean meats, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry