Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Hazelnut Brown Butter
From EatingWell: October/November 2006
Browning butter brings out a mellow nuttiness that complements the strong flavor of the sprouts. Browned butter can be an excellent flavor addition to any sauté.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons water
- Position rack in bottom third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Place butter on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast until the butter is melted, browned and fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven; toss Brussels sprouts and hazelnuts with the browned butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Return to the oven and roast for 7 minutes. Sprinkle with water; toss and continue roasting until the sprouts are tender and lightly browned, 7 to 9 minutes more.
Per serving: 115 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 172 mg sodium; 441 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin K (216% daily value), Vitamin C (130% dv), Folate & Vitamin A (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
If you’re watching what you eat, you may be trying to eat...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- October/November 2006