Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Hazelnut Brown Butter
From EatingWell: October/November 2006
Browning butter brings out a mellow nuttiness that complements the strong flavor of the sprouts. Browned butter can be an excellent flavor addition to any sauté.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons water
- Position rack in bottom third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Place butter on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast until the butter is melted, browned and fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven; toss Brussels sprouts and hazelnuts with the browned butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Return to the oven and roast for 7 minutes. Sprinkle with water; toss and continue roasting until the sprouts are tender and lightly browned, 7 to 9 minutes more.
Per serving: 115 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 172 mg sodium; 441 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin K (216% daily value), Vitamin C (130% dv), Folate & Vitamin A (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- October/November 2006