Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Hazelnut Brown Butter
From EatingWell: October/November 2006
Browning butter brings out a mellow nuttiness that complements the strong flavor of the sprouts. Browned butter can be an excellent flavor addition to any sauté.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons water
- Position rack in bottom third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Place butter on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast until the butter is melted, browned and fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven; toss Brussels sprouts and hazelnuts with the browned butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Return to the oven and roast for 7 minutes. Sprinkle with water; toss and continue roasting until the sprouts are tender and lightly browned, 7 to 9 minutes more.
Per serving: 115 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 172 mg sodium; 441 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin K (216% daily value), Vitamin C (130% dv), Folate & Vitamin A (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- October/November 2006