I followed the recipe exactly, however they came out more dry, however the flavoring with hazelnuts and butter are good. Next time I will at least double the amount of butter the recipe calls for to make sure it doesn't dry out the brussel sprouts while roasting in the oven.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Hazelnut Brown Butter
From EatingWell: October/November 2006
Browning butter brings out a mellow nuttiness that complements the strong flavor of the sprouts. Browned butter can be an excellent flavor addition to any sauté.
9 Reviews for Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Hazelnut Brown Butter
Excellent, and easy. This one moves to high rotation in the fall.
I find that the 1T of butter browns quicker than the recipe states in my oven.
I have been trying to find recipes to get my 5 year old to eat more veggies and he LOVED these. He went so far as to ask me to save some for his lunch at school the next day. I'll be making these a lot from now on!
Everyone I know loves this Brussels Sprouts recipe, even those who profess to not like Brussels Sprouts! But of course, like every just about Eating Well vegetable recipe, I use a LOT more butter (or heavy cream) than specified in the original recipe.
Anna, San Diego, CA
Added pancetta to the recipe for Thanksgiving dinner. I know it added calories but was delicious!
Anonymous, Chicago, IL
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)