Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Hazelnut Brown Butter
From EatingWell: October/November 2006
Browning butter brings out a mellow nuttiness that complements the strong flavor of the sprouts. Browned butter can be an excellent flavor addition to any sauté.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons water
- Position rack in bottom third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Place butter on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast until the butter is melted, browned and fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven; toss Brussels sprouts and hazelnuts with the browned butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Return to the oven and roast for 7 minutes. Sprinkle with water; toss and continue roasting until the sprouts are tender and lightly browned, 7 to 9 minutes more.
Per serving: 115 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 172 mg sodium; 441 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin K (216% daily value), Vitamin C (130% dv), Folate & Vitamin A (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- October/November 2006