I love brussel sprouts and I love shallots. I never thought to put them together! It was very easy to make and the wonderful scent filled my house. It was easy to heat for lunch the next day, too. This is a keeper, I will make this again and again, but on the weekend when there is time!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Shallots
From EatingWell: October/November 2005
This easy side dish combines the natural sweetness of caramelized shallots with the earthiness of Brussels sprouts, a fall favorite.
5 Reviews for Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Shallots
I have made this recipe as is and also in a hurry. Sautéed the shallots and microwaved the shallots for 2 min then roasted for ~ 10-15 min. Both great.
We've never been a fan of brussel sprouts, but we are fans of onion-related foods. The picture looks just like the finished product. This recipe is good and it looks beautiful on the table. Note: I soaked my halved brussel sprouts in iced water prior to baking them.
They were perfect! Even who don't eat them, ate them them! I can't believe the kid actually eat this vegetable.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)