You can also add cherry tomatoes, halved, and toss in to the mixture and bake. It is so good! I have fixed it this way many times before and all love it!!
Roasted Broccoli with Lemon
Maybe you've never considered cooking broccoli this way, but roasting yields surprisingly good results. The heat concentrates the flavors and caramelizes the natural sugars. A touch of olive oil gives it a crispy, delicious finish.
10 Reviews for Roasted Broccoli with Lemon
I am eating this right now for dinner, and it is fantastic. I added some baby carrots and red pepper flakes to the broccoli, and it is fantastic. I've never had broccoli cooked this way, but I will definitely be eating this again.
In addition to florets, I added peeled, sliced broccoli stems. I roasted it at 425 degrees because I was also roasting something else at the same time. I took the broccoli out of the oven after 7 min and after another 8 min to toss it a bit and look at it. As it was still too crisp (i.e., hard), I roasted it another 12 min, and then it was perfect--soft but not mushy, and with that caramelized sweetness. I drizzled a bit of lemon over it, and it was a huge hit at supper. Eaten in a flash. Delicious!!!!
After 10 minutes the smallest florets were blackened, and after another 2 minutes the bigger florets were also blackened. Some might regard this broccoli as al dente, but to our taste it was simply undercooked. My husband added massive amounts of mayonnaise to his portion to make it palatable.
This recipe made a great addition to leftover pasta. It's a great way to get a serving of vegetables. This is a very good basic recipe for roasting broccoli, and once you've got it down, explore the many different spice combinations.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)