Roasted Beets with Mustard
Try a variety of beets in this dish. The simple Dijon vinaigrette really makes the earthy beet flavor sing.
- 2 pounds small beets, (12-16 beets)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Discard greens from beets and cut off the stems and root ends. Scrub the beets well and cut in half lengthwise. Toss the beets with oil on a baking sheet with sides. Arrange cut-side down and roast until tender when pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then peel off and discard the skins.
- Cut the beets into matchsticks. Place in a serving bowl and toss with scallions, mustard and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 122 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 7 g fiber; 348 mg sodium; 759 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (63% daily value), Vitamin C (23% dv), Potassium (22% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation