Roasted Beets with Mustard
Try a variety of beets in this dish. The simple Dijon vinaigrette really makes the earthy beet flavor sing.
- 2 pounds small beets, (12-16 beets)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Discard greens from beets and cut off the stems and root ends. Scrub the beets well and cut in half lengthwise. Toss the beets with oil on a baking sheet with sides. Arrange cut-side down and roast until tender when pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then peel off and discard the skins.
- Cut the beets into matchsticks. Place in a serving bowl and toss with scallions, mustard and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 122 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 7 g fiber; 348 mg sodium; 759 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (63% daily value), Vitamin C (23% dv), Potassium (22% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable