Roasted Beets with Mustard
Try a variety of beets in this dish. The simple Dijon vinaigrette really makes the earthy beet flavor sing.
- 2 pounds small beets, (12-16 beets)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Discard greens from beets and cut off the stems and root ends. Scrub the beets well and cut in half lengthwise. Toss the beets with oil on a baking sheet with sides. Arrange cut-side down and roast until tender when pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then peel off and discard the skins.
- Cut the beets into matchsticks. Place in a serving bowl and toss with scallions, mustard and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 122 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 7 g fiber; 348 mg sodium; 759 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (63% daily value), Vitamin C (23% dv), Potassium (22% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less