Roasted Beets with Mustard
Try a variety of beets in this dish. The simple Dijon vinaigrette really makes the earthy beet flavor sing.
- 2 pounds small beets, (12-16 beets)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Discard greens from beets and cut off the stems and root ends. Scrub the beets well and cut in half lengthwise. Toss the beets with oil on a baking sheet with sides. Arrange cut-side down and roast until tender when pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then peel off and discard the skins.
- Cut the beets into matchsticks. Place in a serving bowl and toss with scallions, mustard and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 122 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 7 g fiber; 348 mg sodium; 759 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (63% daily value), Vitamin C (23% dv), Potassium (22% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable