Roasted Baby Bok Choy
From EatingWell: August/September 2006
A quick trip to a hot oven, combined with a drizzle of lemony dressing, brings bok choy to the table in no time at all.
- 4 heads baby bok choy, (1 1/4 pounds), trimmed, leaves separated
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon or 3/4 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon mirin, (see Note)
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss bok choy, oil, garlic and salt in a roasting pan. Roast on lowest rack, stirring twice, until wilted and tender-crisp, about 6 minutes. Whisk lemon zest and juice, tarragon, mirin and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle over the roasted bok choy.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Mirin is a low-alcohol rice wine essential to Japanese cooking. Look for it in your supermarket with the Asian or gourmet ingredients. An equal portion of sherry or white wine with a pinch of sugar may be substituted.
Per serving: 58 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 110 mg sodium; 12 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (110% daily value), Vitamin C (60% dv).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- August/September 2006